** See all the Banners **
Old 02-08-2012, 11:27 AM   #1
Joe92t
Tuner

Joe92t will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Joe92t
Questions on Upcoming Drag Season

So in a month or two all the 1/4 mile dragstrips will be reopening again for the spring season, and im looking to run my car for the very first time. This will also be the very first car ive ever ran that was a stick, all the others have been automatics.

My Drag Setup for the season will be-

Unclamped MS1K - MPX Catless DP - Magnaflow Muffler - Custom IC - JMB Intake - ETC you get the idea, fully bolted... Just from estimates of other members with similar mods and MS1K lets say ill be around 320 - 330 WHP and 350 - 360 WTQ

--Will be on street tires, most likely Ventus V12s in 245s

--Will have a dual function WOT BOX with MS1K

--I Have MPX RACE Motor mount inserts on both sides and the RT / AGP Solid Front Motor Mount and will also have Roadmagnet Drag Springs as well

My questions as follows-

--With my mods, power level, and street tires, what do you think the best RPM is to set the WOT BOX too for launch control?? Like 3000??

--I know MS1K has revamped the Traction Control System, but is it still acceptable for pure Drag Racing Purposes? is it best to leave TC completely ON while Drag Racing with MS1K or should it be COMPLETELY off with the scanguage / pulled Fuse #34

Last edited by Joe92t : 02-08-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Joe92t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #2
Touzi
SRT pro

Touzi is on a distinguished road
Re: Questions on Upcoming Drag Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe92t View Post
So in a month or two all the 1/4 mile dragstrips will be reopening again for the spring season, and im looking to run my car for the very first time. This will also be the very first car ive ever ran that was a stick, all the others have been automatics.

My Drag Setup for the season will be-

Unclamped MS1K - MPX Catless DP - Magnaflow Muffler - Custom IC - JMB Intake - ETC you get the idea, fully bolted... Just from estimates of other members with similar mods and MS1K lets say ill be around 320 - 330 WHP and 350 - 360 WTQ

--Will be on street tires, most likely Ventus V12s in 245s

--Will have a dual function WOT BOX with MS1K

--I Have MPX RACE Motor mount inserts on both sides and the RT / AGP Solid Front Motor Mount and will also have Roadmagnet Drag Springs as well

My questions as follows-

--With my mods, power level, and street tires, what do you think the best RPM is to set the WOT BOX too for launch control?? Like 3000??

--I know MS1K has revamped the Traction Control System, but is it still acceptable for pure Drag Racing Purposes? is it best to leave TC completely ON while Drag Racing with MS1K or should it be COMPLETELY off with the scanguage / pulled Fuse #34
i would not launch the car esp on street tires u will just spin off the line. Just rev to like 2500 and just use the wot box for wot shifting dont use it for launch control. I ran 13.3 with ms1k, stock dp, second cat deleted, muffler delete, intake, stock fmic on street tires. I have catless dp now so im hoping for 13.1 or better. As long as u have good launches u will get good times.

]MS1K , STS, Muffler Delete, NGk one step colder plugs gapped at .26, K&N Drop in filter, Road Magnet Drag Springs, Glow Shift Boost guage, Aeroforce Scan Gauge, Mpx dual gauge pod, Needswings 02 housing, catless dp. Agp Fmic. Intake.
Touzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
Ltromance
Cbest199 - u mad bro?

Ltromance is on a distinguished road

For argument sake, lets say you have 315hp (i think thats more reasonable)

Hankook ventus will do great,
Race with esp OFF
I agree that the wot box SHOULD be used to launch the car for more consistant times.
i havent hooked my wot box up yet, so im not 100% sure what rpm, but 3000 id say would be a good start, and then adjust from there.

And if you were to race against spl neon, you would win.
MS1K JMB FMIC, JMB Fuel Rail, AGP WGA/Oil Catch Can, JMB SRI, BWoody CHECK valve, SLR vacfold, RT PNP 5V CLAMP, 525cc injectors, RT Thermostat, Full CP-e turbo back, Coil Cover, HKS BOV & Blue Plate, HBK, Turbo XS MSBC ,Dual interceptors w/ W/b kit, Solenoid delete, Rear mount battery, Partial wire tuck, RT Endlinks and Camber Arms, BC Coilovers, RT Toe Links. N2MB WOT Box, JMB Subframe Brace, Progress Rear Sway.
Ltromance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #4
Joe92t
Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltromance View Post
For argument sake, lets say you have 315hp (i think thats more reasonable)

Hankook ventus will do great,
Race with esp OFF
I agree that the wot box SHOULD be used to launch the car for more consistant times.
i havent hooked my wot box up yet, so im not 100% sure what rpm, but 3000 id say would be a good start, and then adjust from there.

And if you were to race against spl neon, you would win.
Ok, So i will pull fuse #34 and have BLD / TC / Stability Completely Disabled for the runs and use launch control as well

Im just not sure where you get that 315 HP figure from... MS1K can make 300WHP on a completely bone stock car with the stock paper airfilter even as well.

320WHP is common on MS1K cars with Catless Downpipes / Intakes ETC... And ontop of that I have a intercooler as well not the stocker.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #5
Ltromance
Cbest199 - u mad bro?

Ltromance is on a distinguished road

I just like to guess low is all. Id rather be Happy if i dyno over what i expected.

Dont you have a scan guage?
Btw, your mods so far are a great track setup.
MS1K JMB FMIC, JMB Fuel Rail, AGP WGA/Oil Catch Can, JMB SRI, BWoody CHECK valve, SLR vacfold, RT PNP 5V CLAMP, 525cc injectors, RT Thermostat, Full CP-e turbo back, Coil Cover, HKS BOV & Blue Plate, HBK, Turbo XS MSBC ,Dual interceptors w/ W/b kit, Solenoid delete, Rear mount battery, Partial wire tuck, RT Endlinks and Camber Arms, BC Coilovers, RT Toe Links. N2MB WOT Box, JMB Subframe Brace, Progress Rear Sway.
Ltromance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #6
WOT
E85

WOT is on a distinguished road

esp off
Tapping throttle at the tree(be sure your timing is in sync with the tree though )
I feather the gas rather then the clutch when launching, that is what work best for me
Every style is different .
WOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #7
Joe92t
Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOT View Post
esp off
Tapping throttle at the tree(be sure your timing is in sync with the tree though )
I feather the gas rather then the clutch when launching, that is what work best for me
Every style is different .
With the WOT Box you just keep it Flored and just have to clutch it