THIS IS HOW YOU ADJUST TRANSMISSION SHIFTER CABLE.
NOTE: Perform cable adjustment with both cables disconnected from the shift tower.
NOTE: The shift tower weight (4) must be in the neutral position, this can be determined if the weight is not up or down but in the center gate.
1. With cables removed and the shift tower weight (4) in the center gate, place the transmission in fourth gear by pushing the weight (4) in the clockwise position until the select shaft ball stud (1) is unable to be moved.
2. Slide the lock tab (3) back to it's stop in the direction of the cable (4).
3. Using a screw driver (1) press adjustment lock (3) down until it is disengaged from the locking bar (2).
4. With both the adjustment lock (1) and lock tab (2) in the unlocked position place the select cable (4) onto the ball stud (3) of the select shaft.
5. Close the adjustment lock (1) and lock tab (2).
6. Install the shift cable onto the ball stud (2) of the shift tower.
7. Insure proper shift sequence is obtained.