** See all the Banners **
Old 07-27-2010, 10:36 AM   #1
EvoKiller
SRT noob

EvoKiller is on a distinguished road
My electronic control throttle light came on?

I was on my way to indiana and pulled up to the toll plaza when this lightning bolt looking icon came up on my dashboard. Once it came on it barely gave me enough gas to pull up and get out of the way. Only thing I could think of was to shut it off and turn it back on. It went away and let me drive the rest of the way there although it seemed to be idling different that day. I had my girlfriend look it up in my owners manual and it is a electronic throttle control light. Has anyone else had this happen to them and should I get a dealer in indiana to fix it before I go back or will it be alright till I get back to PA?

Thanks for your Help!
2008 CSRT4 Sunburst Orange - Mopar Performance Stage 1, BOP, Cat-less Down-pipe, Street Motor Mount Inserts, AGP Intercooler, Aem Wideband, Aeroforce Scan Gauge, Evokiller HID Flicker Problem Delete Relay hareness, DDM 55W 8K HI/LO HID Headlights, DDM 35W 3k HID Fogs, Green Filter, Magnaflow Muffler, Eibach Lowering Springs, Black Headlights, Mini Antenna

1973 Plymouth Barracuda
EvoKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:44 AM   #2
Fazool

Re: My electronic control throttle light came on?

I never had that happen to me. But I would see how she acts. Wouldn't hurt to just swing in to a dealer and ask if u be ok till u get home. Or if they can plug ya car in and see what the codes say. Could be a quick fix of programing. Better that then getting stuck on side of the road. Ya know.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:19 PM   #3
SniperSrt
SRT driver

SniperSrt is on a distinguished road

Same thing happens to my moms caliber we took it to the dealer and the throttle body had to be replaced

SniperSrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:59 PM   #4
ericksrt4
SRT racer

ericksrt4 is on a distinguished road

same thing happened to me. it only did after i was cruising for awhile and then slowed down to stop. did it twice. and the first time the change oil message came up. i reset it and it hasnt come back since. only thing that i can think of was that my drive went from virginia down to georgia and maybe the change in altitude had something to do with it. or the fact that it was 100 degrees out when it happened. (not an exaggeration.)

id take it to the dealer but im afraid if they were to replace the throttle body it wouldnt be covered due to the fact that i have intake and stage 1. and i dont have the extra money to pay for a new throttle body for the heck of it. and like i said its been running perfectly ever since.

ericksrt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:34 PM   #5
Caleber777
Silver SRT

Caleber777 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericksrt4 View Post
same thing happened to me. it only did after i was cruising for awhile and then slowed down to stop. did it twice. and the first time the change oil message came up. i reset it and it hasnt come back since. only thing that i can think of was that my drive went from virginia down to georgia and maybe the change in altitude had something to do with it. or the fact that it was 100 degrees out when it happened. (not an exaggeration.)

id take it to the dealer but im afraid if they were to replace the throttle body it wouldnt be covered due to the fact that i have intake and stage 1. and i dont have the extra money to pay for a new throttle body for the heck of it. and like i said its been running perfectly ever since.
Take it to the dealer who installed your Stage 1 or you could always change back to the stock intake and take it to another dealer. MS1 shouldn't be a problem.

Power: MS1K/ Catted DP/ ADJ. WGA/ RT Clamp/ S1 Injectors/ ~17 PSI

Suspension: Megan Racing Coilovers/ RT front endlinks/ MPx STB/
Caleber777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:29 PM   #6
osirus

Mine came on when I was still on MS1. Used to happen only when it was african hot out. Just turn the key off open the door and restart car. It goes away. This lightning bolt doesnt store any codes. Its either the throttle body or the pcm repalced.