** See all the Banners **
Old 09-01-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
iluvhootersu

brake pads

Which should I do in your opinions should I go to the dealer spend 250 for brake service or buy the pads off of mpx. I do know how to change pads I don't want to spend 250 though if I don't have too that a lot for something that I can do on my own or are the stock pads better than the ones mpx are selling?

Old 09-01-2009, 11:27 AM   #2
J pEx
Crane Technician

J pEx is on a distinguished road
stock are brembo off the charger R/T and brembo makes the brakes for just about every high end race car in just about every type of racing, i am sticking with the guys that make the brakes for the lemans cars that run for 24hrs and the formula one cars that hit over 220 Mph but thats just me
08 silver CSRT4 / / Mopar blue drop in / / NGK Iridium ZFR6FIX-11 / / Mopar Stage 1 / / MPx street inserts / / 19 X 8.5 OZ 15 spoke racing rims / / 255 40 R19 Michelin PS2 tires / / AGP FMIC / / Laser pro scrambler / / Customized seats w/ heat / / JMB Sub frame brace / / Mopar sway bars / / KW Variant 3 Coilovers
J pEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:31 AM   #3
GreaseMonkey

Take your pick.

http://www2.partstrain.com/store/ind...118+4294967046

Pick your pad depending on what you do.

If you just drive around town, are spirited, and do a track event or two a year, go with any of the ceramics.

If you track the car hard and often, step up to the EBC Yellowstuff.

The pads on the car are very good, but are geared much more for hard use. They can take the abuse of track racing. Any cheap over the counter pad (if there are even any available) will not.

I'll be getting the EBC Redstuff pads.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:53 AM   #4
iluvhootersu

I ride my car hard as hell. Pretty much I push it to the limit no how much are the pads you are talking about and where can I get them. Now I am about to start going to strip before I deploy and now that I have time cuz the army screwed me over on my whole entire summer

Old 09-01-2009, 11:55 AM   #5
GreaseMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvhootersu View Post
I ride my car hard as hell. Pretty much I push it to the limit no how much are the pads you are talking about and where can I get them. Now I am about to start going to strip before I deploy and now that I have time cuz the army screwed me over on my whole entire summer
Click on the link.

I drive my car aggressively, but do not use the brakes aggressively. If you're not using the brakes hard like you would be racing on a road course, don't get track pads. They will never get up to temperature on the street and will provide worse stopping performance.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:55 AM   #6
iluvhootersu

Srry I didn't see the siyte above hinse phone again lol I'm at dodge for tire rotation and a bunch of minor fixes