** See all the Banners **

Go Back   Dodge Caliber SRT-4 Forums > General Discussion > SRT Discussion
Home Register FAQ Members List Active Topics Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2008, 06:40 AM   #1
ssjam13

Can i put a stock srt-4 turbo on to a stock 2.0 neon engine?

I have 2005 dodge neon that i am wanting to put the str-4 turbo on. i have the stock turbo and manifold from and srt-4. how would i install it on my neon 2.0 SOHC?

Old 04-01-2008, 06:40 AM   #2
john m

you would need the computer wireing and intake maifold intercooler, and knowledge of what you are doing. oh and mabey the head. good luck itlle boost you from 95 to 120hp. so hold on.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:40 AM   #3
john m

you would need the computer wireing and intake maifold intercooler, and knowledge of what you are doing. oh and mabey the head. good luck itlle boost you from 95 to 120hp. so hold on.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:14 AM   #4
GreaseMonkey

The manifolds might not even match up. I'd check that first before anything. I don't know if there was a difference on those between the 2.0L and 2.4L.

Honestly, this is a time old question that people ask such as, how can I turn my 2WD truck into 4WD?

Honestly, it'll take you more time and money to convert it all over than just buying an SRT-4, or doing a complete drivetrain swap with everything you need. Trying to mix and match will give you headaches and an empty wallet.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:16 AM   #5
danteneon

This has been covered extensively on 2GN.org (shameless plug).

The manifold is very different. You would need a Mattdog adapter (not in production atm) just to mount the turbofold. This is a NGC engine, so getting the electronics to function properly is challenging. You are better off doing a whole SRT swap. And you still need engine, front body, and main body wiring harnesses, sensors (if not with the donor) and of course the computer.

Then there is drivetrain...

Check out the site. It will answer all these questions.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:41 AM   #6
Plan B

Quote:
Originally Posted by danteneon View Post
This has been covered extensively on 2GN.org (shameless plug).

The manifold is very different. You would need a Mattdog adapter (not in production atm) just to mount the turbofold. This is a NGC engine, so getting the electronics to function properly is challenging. You are better off doing a whole SRT swap. And you still need engine, front body, and main body wiring harnesses, sensors (if not with the donor) and of course the computer.

Then there is drivetrain...

Check out the site. It will answer all these questions.
What he said. You're better off just doing a complete swap....

Old 04-03-2008, 06:56 PM   #7
Carpe Diem

if your going to keep the 2.0L than why not just buy the turbo kit made for it. it's probably cheaper and easier to do yourself since its a kit for the car. check out modernperformance.com