** See all the Banners **
Old 01-06-2009, 03:17 PM   #1
shay0160
SRT racer

shay0160 is on a distinguished road
Lower Control Arm Recall

So im having the same issue as many other people with there LCA making that popping noise when accelerating over bumps and while turning. I have been trying to get my car to the dealership but my dealerships service is always busy and when i call to make an appointment they always tell i will need to leave the car there all day. kinda seems retarded to leave my car there for the day and have to get a rental just to tighten some bolts.
so my question is does any one know exactly where these bolts are located? i want to just tighten them myself.

shay0160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:53 PM   #2
DISSST

They replace the bolts not just tighten them , my advise let them fix it right .

Old 01-07-2009, 06:02 AM   #3
XXXCaliber

Yeah I had the same problem only worse!!! My dealership argued the fact that my car is Canadian...LOL. And all the others on here are American...So your popping noise was different than mine...LOL!!! So after having my car in to get looked at about 6 times I told them that I'm not taking my car back until it is fixed, so they took my advise and did what was listed on the site & guess what.......

IT WORKED!!!

Old 01-07-2009, 08:13 AM   #4
Instant Classic

Ive had that noise only once....

Did get a paper in the mail stating a recall on somthing to do with the exhaust...

Old 01-07-2009, 08:41 AM   #5
shay0160
SRT racer

shay0160 is on a distinguished road
i dont have a probblem taking it in but they wont give me a rental i have to pay for it. and i cant go all day without a car. im on call all the time. also when i bought the car the left turnsignal never stopped blinking after i made a left turn, so i have to manualy shut it off every time and the same deal with that they want it in all day. im thinking about finding another place to take it to.

shay0160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:32 AM   #6
RexS
Orange Beast

RexS has a spectacular aura aboutRexS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by shay0160 View Post
So im having the same issue as many other people with there LCA making that popping noise when accelerating over bumps and while turning. I have been trying to get my car to the dealership but my dealerships service is always busy and when i call to make an appointment they always tell i will need to leave the car there all day. kinda seems retarded to leave my car there for the day and have to get a rental just to tighten some bolts.
so my question is does any one know exactly where these bolts are located? i want to just tighten them myself.
I just had my LCA bolts last weekend. They ordered them 2 weeks prior and when they arrived the dealer called me and told me to bring it in. I dropped it off at 7:30 am and it was done at 9:00 am.

2008 CSRT SBO 155,000 miles - SOLD
2014 Dodge Dart SXT 2.4 Tigershark - Max Steel Color
RexS is offline   Reply With Quote