** See all the Banners **

Go Back   Dodge Caliber SRT-4 Forums > General Discussion > Dodge Caliber SRT-4 Discussion
Home Register FAQ Members List Active Topics Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2008, 03:39 PM   #1
JSRT4

How Do You Change Headlight Bulbs on This Thing ?

Just got my csrt4 this week, looking to change the lightbulbs for silverstars. First thing I noticed is the owner's manual tells you nothing about basic maintenance items, unlike past srt4 manuals. They suggest that you take the car to the dealer to change the lightbulbs !, that is crap. I looked at the back of the lights and I could squeeze my hands in there but I'd likely break something that way. Anyone know how to change the headlight bulbs ?.

They don't even give you the wheel lugnut torque specs in this manual, and they don't show you how to change the tranny fluid either. The manual in my last generation srt4 did all that. First thing I want to change is the lightbulbs and tranny fluid. Got some Silverstars for it today, and got some Amsoil MTF fluid on order to swap out the crappy atf+4.

If anyone has some instructions on changing the bulbs please let me know. I may end up buying a shop manual for this thing.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:45 PM   #2
GreaseMonkey

You have to go through the wheel wells. To remove the headlights, it requires removal of the front bumper.

Old 02-28-2008, 04:11 PM   #3
caliberay

silverstar change

I changed mine to silverstars---- took about 15 min. had to remove the air cleaner top piece to get to the right side . and just un screwed the left side---a piece of cake and silverstars make a huge differance ---caliberay

Old 02-28-2008, 04:36 PM   #4
JSRT4

thanks for the replies I hope to try it this week, see how I make out on that. thanks

Old 02-28-2008, 07:02 PM   #5
JSRT4

worked away at it tonight and got the bulbs installed, it was a bit of work and definitely a tight fit, but got it to work. Silverstars look good.

Old 02-17-2009, 02:28 PM   #6
DeftAnesthetik

my complete set of bulbs and housing showed today. anyplace to find instructions? or do i even need them?

Old 02-17-2009, 05:24 PM   #7
GreaseMonkey

The headlight housings require the front bumper to be removed for those to be removed.

For just the headlight bulbs, they can be accessed through the engine compartment. I am able to change the driver's side bulb without removing anything. On the passenger side I unbolted the coolant and washer fluid reservoir so I could fit my hand in.

Old 02-17-2009, 05:29 PM   #8
billy p

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
The headlight housings require the front bumper to be removed for those to be removed.

For just the headlight bulbs, they can be accessed through the engine compartment. I am able to change the driver's side bulb without removing anything. On the passenger side I unbolted the coolant and washer fluid reservoir so I could fit my hand in.
so, to put in the whole new headlight unit, you have to unbolt the front facia?

Old 02-18-2009, 05:27 AM   #9
BlackCSRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy p View Post
so, to put in the whole new headlight unit, you have to unbolt the front facia?
Yes. The entire bumper needs to be removed in order to change the headlight.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:15 AM   #10
k.turner12

I just changed my headlight bulbs, and i didnt have to take anything off, long fingers ha!